Mix happy hour up and make this delicious orange creamsicle cocktail! It’s an orange cocktail with delicious froth made from egg whites. It’s refreshing and delicious!
Fun Easy Cocktails
Cocktail recipes can be a bit intimidating. When you are out at the bar and you order a $15 drink and it is garnished with gorgeous dried fruit and has amazing froth on top, you go crazy for it!
You also probably think that you could never make such a fun and fancy cocktail at home. I’m here to tell you that ANYONE is capable of making fancy cocktails in the comfort of their own home.
This orange creamsicle cocktail is one of many delicious and fun cocktail recipes we have on FFF. Below are our top three fancy cocktails that you should add to your happy hour menu, too!
Orange Cocktail Ingredients
Though there are very few ingredients in this cocktail, there are substitutions you can make and ingredients you can change up!
Orange Juice- We used simply orange orange juice, but feel free to juice fresh orange juice.
Vodka- Any good vodka will do! We love prairie vodka!
Vanilla- The vanilla in this recipe is what makes it taste like a creamsicle! Don’t skimp!
Egg White- Some people feel uncomfortable about eating raw eggs. If that’s you, skip it! Otherwise, shaking up egg whites is a fun and easy way to make froth for any drink or cocktail!
Sparkling water- Sparkling water is used to finish off this cocktail! It adds the perfect amount of bubbles to the cocktail.
How to Make this Cocktail
There aren’t many steps to making this cocktail! It is similar to a gin fizz in that you shake all of your ingredients with egg white and then top with bubbly water!
- All you have to do is place all of the ingredients for the cocktail into a cocktail shaker or mason jar.
- Shake them together until a thicker froth forms on the top of the cocktail.
- Then? Pour the cocktail into a glass and top it with bubbly water!
- 1/2 cup ice
- 1.5-oz. fresh orange juice
- 1.5-oz. vodka
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- Sparkling water, for topping
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Begin by preparing the glass garnish. Pour the turbinado sugar and chili powder onto a small plate and mix.
- Next, wet the rim of a cocktail glass with water. Carefully dip the top of the glass into the sugar, turning the rim of the glass back and forth in the sugar mixture until the rim of the glass is covered with sugar. Set aside.
- Place ice into a cocktail shaker or a mason jar. Then, add orange juice, vodka, vanilla extract and the egg white into the shaker.
- Cover the shaker and shake for 1-2 minutes to mix all of the ingredients together. The goal here is to get the egg white frothy, so shake the drink until it does.
- Pour the mixture into the garnished cocktail glass and top with sparkling water. Garnish with orange rind.
Serving Size: 1 Calories: 178 Sugar: 4 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 5 Fiber: 0 Protein: 4
Author: Linley RichterCategory: DrinkMethod: No-BakeCuisine: American
Linley is a 5′ nothing spitball of positive energy who joined Team Fit Foodie in the Spring of 2014. Linley has worked on the digital side of small businesses and nonprofits since 2011, where she specialized in social media community management. Lin has a passion for food and an incredible palate. She is FFF’s chief recipe developer, so you can thank her for these incredible recipes!