- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Eat your breakfast and protein too. Here are 15 high protein breakfast recipes from eggs to pancakes to smoothies with at least 15g of protein per serving!
I’ve always had a thing for breakfast. From the time I was very young, I was always the first one up in the household, cooking breakfast for the family. I remember I was always so excited when it was my sister’s birthday so that I could serve her breakfast in bed (re: banana oatmeal pancakes!).
Today we are chatting all things high protein breakfast foods. While I love me a thick stack of carb-filled pancakes, sometimes I want to get more protein in before I leave for the day so that I stay fuller longer and feel good about my morning eats. Speaking of protein, check out our protein powder review post where we dive deep into our fav protein powders!
Benefits of High Protein Breakfasts
There are many benefits to eating breakfast in general, but if you can get in a good amount of protein in the morning there are even more!
- Stay fuller longer – protein actually helps you stay fuller longer so that you’re not starving all morning!
- Increases muscle mass – the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. Heck yes!
- Boosts immune system – protein actually helps you create a better immune system to protect you from illness. Eat up!
5 Tips to Quickly Add Protein To Your Breakfast
There are so many great high protein breakfast foods out there and sometimes it can be overwhelming. Here are 5 tips to help make it easier to pack in the protein!
- When in doubt make a protein shake. We have a super helpful guide to protein shakes on Fit Foodie Finds with 30+ flavor ideas!
- Eggs are your friend! Whether you prefer hard-boiled eggs, baked eggs, scrambled eggs, or frittatas, 1 large egg has 6g protein.
- Always have protein powder on hand. You can add protein powder to smoothies, oatmeal, pancakes, etc. and it’s such a great way to get added protein. Check out our guide to protein powder for some recommendations.
- Meal-Prep at the beginning of the week. This will save you time and make breakfast a breeze! Here’s our favorite meal-prep breakfast recipes.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself! Remember, eating healthy should be about balance.
Best High Protein Breakfast (Egg White Breakfast Sandwich)
Looking for a protein breakfast recipe that packs in 27g protein/serving? Look no further than these delicious Egg White Breakfast Sandwiches!
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour
Fat 22 Carbs 6 Protein 27
Yield 6 1x
- 1 lb. ground chicken (turkey works)
- 1.5 tablespoons dried fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- ½ medium white onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 12 large eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1-ounce arugula
- Preheat oven to 400 degreesºF and rub a baking sheet with avocado oil.
- Place all ingredients for chicken sausage into a bowl. Mix well.
- Divide meat mixture into six equal balls. Mold each ball into a patty (around ½ an inch thick) and place onto baking sheet.
- Bake patties for 17-20 minutes, flipping at 10 minutes.
- While patties are in the oven, prepare your egg patties by heating a small skillet over medium/high heat.
- In a separate bowl, crack two eggs into a bowl and gently whisk.
- Next, place two large mason jar tops (about 3.5 inches – we are using these as molds) into the skillet and pour egg mixture evenly into the two mason jar tops. Pour water on the outside of the mason jar tops (fill until the water reaches about halfway up the mason jar lids). Cover the skillet and let cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Uncover, remove from heat, and remove egg from mason jar tops. This is one serving of egg, so repeat until you’ve made your desired amount of servings. Set eggs aside.
- When sausage is done, place one sausage, one tomato slice, and a handful of arugula on top of one egg patty. Place other egg patty on the top of arugula. Enjoy!
Tips & Notes
- Option to prepare all egg patties at the beginning of the week or the day of.
- We recommend serving with sriracha or hot sauce.
Serving Size: 1/6 Calories: 342 Sugar: 3 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates: 6 Fiber: 1 Protein: 27
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: BreakfastMethod: OvenCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: high protein breakfast
Healthy Protein Breakfast Ideas
Here is a list of our favorite high protein breakfast recipes from Fit Foodie Finds that will keep your belly full and heart happy until lunch! Each of these recipes has at least 15g protein/serving or more! PS: if you’re in a pinch, try a Perfect Bar! They’re our all-time favorite refrigerated, store-bought bar to eat from breakfast.
PB Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
These peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats pack 15 grams of protein and a ton of fiber! Whip up a big batch of these oats for breakfast this week! *15g protein per serving*
Strawberry Coconut Post Workout Smoothie
Try this strawberry coconut post workout smoothie after a tough sweat session for a delicious, refreshing way to get an extra boost of fiber and protein! *21g protein/serving*
Cheesy Sous Vide Egg Bites
Get a sous vide for Christmas and looking for easy, healthy recipes to make with it? Look no further. You’re going to absolutely love these Cheesy Sous Vide Egg Bites. They’re made with 3 basic ingredients and done in under 60 minutes. *16g protein/2 egg bites*
Protein-Packed Breakfast Burritos
This is meal prep at its finest! Make these delicious protein-packed breakfast burritos to have before work or school all week long! *25g protein/serving*
Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats
These Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Oats are a breakfast meal-prep miracle! All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into a jar, let them sit overnight, and an easy and delicious breakfast is ready for you in the morning. *15g protein/serving*
Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
Need a quick, grab-and-go breakfast? Make these delicious freezer breakfast sandwiches! They’re made with a sausage, sun-dried tomato, and spinach egg patty, cheese, and a whole grain English muffin. *21g protein/serving*
Low-Carb Veggie Frittata
Got a bunch of veggies in the fridge? Make yourself a delicious and colorful vegetable frittata with farm fresh eggs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for a low-carb breakfast option! *15g protein/serving*
Paleo Coconut Flour Pancakes
These Paleo Coconut Flour Pancakes are the best you’ll ever make! They’re made with just 4 main ingredients and a little coconut oil making them grain-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar free. *16g protein/serving*
Sweet Potato Hash Protein Bowl
For breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this sweet potato hash protein bowl is packed with tons of veggies and protein. Start off by making a homemade sweet potato hash, then add in tons of other veggies and your favorite chicken sausage for a delicious protein bowl recipe. *16g protein/serving*
Blueberry Protein Pancakes
We’ve got an easy blueberry protein pancakes recipe for you that’s made with 100% whole grains, your favorite protein powder, mashed banana, and blueberries! *17g protein/serving*
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Breakfast
Throw all of your favorite breakfast food in the Instant Pot to make this Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Meal Prep Breakfast. *15g protein/serving*
Copycat Egg McMuffins
Meal-prep your way into the week with these Copycat Egg McMuffins Made with Egg Muffins! All of the delicious flavors of a breakfast sandwich, without any bread! *27g protein/serving*
Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes
Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes for the win! Who’s with me? If you’re all about healthy pancakes and getting a protein boost at the same time then you will love this protein pancake recipe! *19g protein/serving*
Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
Breakfast is served with this delicious, gluten-free quiche! That’s right, this sweet potato crust quiche is gluten and grain-free making this vegetarian breakfast protein and veggie-packed. *16g protein/serving*
Strawberry Protein Shake
What’s better than cheesecake for breakfast? NOTHING! You’re going to love this Strawberry Protein Shake because it tastes exactly like strawberry cheesecake. *19g protein/serving*