Whip out your Instant Pot and make any of these 42 healthy Instant Pot recipes for a quick, fresh, homemade meal with clean and delicious ingredients.
The Instant Pot is an amazing time-saver for healthy meal prep and you can make pretty much any and all meals in your IP including dessert!
Instant Pot Saves the Day
Here it is, people. After years of getting over our Instant Pot fear, we are officially superfans of the Instant Pot! If you’ve never heard of an Instant Pot, it is a new age pressure cooker.
It is your all-in-one appliance that can saute, slow cook, quick cook, and everything in between.
When I say we had an Instant Pot fear in the beginning, it’s because if you’re not used to hot steam pouring out of one of your appliances, then it may take some time to get used to it.
Lee’s Aunt Lisa was the catalyst in Team Fit Foodie getting comfortable with the Instant Pot. We headed down to Illinois for a peach harvest (read more here) where Aunt Lisa taught us how to can peach with the Instant Pot.
She made it look so easy. She went over all the reasons she had an Instant Pot, so I thought we’d share why YOU need an Instant Pot.
Why You Need an Instant Pot
There are countless reasons for you to get an Instant Pot, but here are some of the reasons why WE love our Instant Pot.
- Frozen chicken is ready in minutes (check out our Basic IP Chicken)
- It’s a one-pot recipe machine
- Weeknight meals are ready in half the time (like our Instant Pot Pork Roast!)
- You can make your own yogurt
- Rice is super easy to make in the instant pot
- A two-pound pot roast takes 2 hours, compared to a crock pot that takes 6-8 hours! (Check out our Instant Pot Pot Roast Recipe)
Healthy Instant Pot Recipes for ALL Diets
We have stepped up our healthy Instant Pot recipes game on Fit Foodie Finds over the last few years with dozens of new recipes featuring all types of meals. Our Instant Pot recipes are balanced meals that are made with simple and real ingredients that don’t sacrifice classic flavors.
While we don’t follow certain diets on Fit Foodie Finds, a lot of our IP recipes are naturally gluten-free and vegetarian. We have Instant Pot recipes that suit most diets:
The Instant Pot is a great appliance for everyone, but especially for those trying to live a healthy lifestyle because it makes meal-prep a breeze AND you don’t have to use your oven (insert college kids!).
So there you have it, the rest is history! Give your first Instant Pot recipe a go with one of these delicious Instant Pot recipes (42 recipes to be exact)!
check it out!
Check out all of our favorite Healthy Instant Pot Recipes on Fit Foodie Finds HERE.
42 Healthy Instant Pot Recipes
Here are all of our most popular healthy Instant Pot recipes! You’ll find everything from breakfast to chicken, to soup recipes! We also gathered some of our favorite Instant Pot recipes from some of our favorite bloggers!
Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes
Making steel cut oats made easy in the Instant Pot! It is an easy one pot recipe that you can make for great meal prep recipes throughout the week. All our Instant Pot breakfast recipes below are great for meal prep!
- 10-Minute Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Meal Prep Breakfast
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole
- Instant Pot Apple Sauce
Healthy Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
We love making a big batch of shredded chicken in the Instant Pot and using it all week long! You can make any of chicken salad recipes with shredded chicken from the Instant Pot! It’s the best!
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Bowls
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken
- Basic Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- Instant Pot Cashew Chicken
- Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Orange Chicken
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large red peppers, diced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup raw, whole cashews
- First, prepare stir fry sauce. In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, grated ginger, and white rice vinegar. Set aside.
- Next, prepare chicken breast by slicing into 1-inch chunks.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s sauté feature. Heat 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil.
- When olive oil is fragrant, add diced chicken breast and cook for 1 to 2 minutes to brown.
- Turn off the sauté feature and add stir fry sauce. Toss.
- Cover Instant Pot and turn the valve to seal. Cook on manual high pressure for 4 minutes. The Instant Pot should take a few minutes to build pressure, but eventually it will count down from 4 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare vegetables. Dice 2 large red peppers and cut broccoli into bite-sized florets. Set aside.
- Next, prepare a slurry. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Set aside.
- Once the Instant Pot beeps, quick release to release the steam that has built up.
- Remove top and add chopped veggies, the slurry, and raw cashews to the Instant Pot and toss everything together.
- Turn on the Instant Pot’s sauté feature and cook for around 3 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the sauté feature and immediately cover the Instant Pot for around 5 minutes to let the veggies steam and fully cook.
- Remove lid and assess how cooked the veggies are. If they need to continue cooking, put the top back on to continue steaming*. Remember, no one likes overcooked veggies!
- Serve over your favorite grain.
Tips & Notes
- Veggies: you can always turn the saute feature back on and cook your veggies that way if steaming is not working well for you. We tested pressure cooking the veggies on manual high for ‘0 minutes,’ but found that the veggies came out just a little too cooked. However, you always have the option to do this as well if you prefer your veggies more cooked.
- Nutrition information does not include a grain.
Serving Size: 1/6 Calories: 355 Sugar: 17 Fat: 15 Carbohydrates: 27 Fiber: 3 Protein: 26
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: Main MealMethod: Instant PotCuisine: Chinese
Keywords: healthy instant pot recipes
Healthy Instant Pot Vegetarian Recipes
Not into meat? That’s OK! We have so many amazing vegetarian recipes on FFF that are ready in no time in the Instant Pot!
- Protein Instant Pot Mac and Cheese in 5 Minutes
- Instant Pot Fried Rice
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash
- Instant Pot Potato Salad
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Curry
- Instant Pot Apple Crisp
- How to Make Quinoa in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Wild Rice
- Instant Pot Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Instant Pot Lentil Tacos
Healthy Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Soup in the Instant Pot may be one of our favorite meals in the Instant Pot! It is so easy to through everything in the Instant Pot and let it do it’s magic! You are left with a flavorful soup and only one dirty dish!
- Instant Pot Hamburger Soup
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Tuscan Turkey Soup
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Sweet Potato Carrot Ginger Soup
Healthy Instant Pot Beef + Pork Recipes
Say hello to our most popular Instant Pot Recipe of the moment, INSTANT POT PORK ROAST. Any big chunk of meat in the Instant Pot is pressure cooked to perfection in the Instant Pot!