You may have seen Struesli on social media and your favorite influencer accounts and wondered what this new grain-free, gluten free, plant-based granola is all about. In this Struesli review, we’ll tell you all about it, including the ingredients, nutrition, taste, texture, and quality behind this dietitian-approved best granola brand. You can also snag a great discount below to try this certified organic, grain-free granola yourself. We love so many things about Struesli, first and foremost that it doesn’t contain any added sugars or added sweeteners and still tastes great! We’ll also share some of our favorite ways to enjoy Struesli, and more about the stellar and nutritious ingredients in this mom-created, chef-developed, USA-made granola.
Dietitian Approved Granola With No Sweeteners Or Added Sugar
Granola is one of those foods that has a health aura to it, a lot like yogurt and energy bars. But many people are surprised to learn that granola is one of those foods that is often a hidden source of quite a bit of sugar. In fact, most of the granolas on the market contain 15 to 20 grams of added sugars per serving! And if they don’t contain added sugars, then they’ve been pumped full of zero-calorie sweeteners, like monk fruit, Stevia, or artificial sweeteners that can leave an unpleasant aftertaste and ingredients you don’t want.
But Struesli is the first granola we’ve ever found that doesn’t contain sugars or sweeteners of any kind. That’s right: no honey, no syrups, no brown sugar, no coconut sugar, no sugar alcohols, no monk fruit, no Stevia – none of that! We love that when you turn over a canister of Struesli to look at the Nutrition Facts Panel, all you’ll see is a list full of wholesome real-food ingredients. There aren’t any added sweeteners, preservatives, or low-cost fillers, plus you can pronounce every ingredient and see the USDA Organic certification and Certified Gluten Free certification right there on the package.
What Is Struesli? Grain-Free And Gluten Free Granola
Struesli is a grain-free, low-carb granola that is made from high-quality ingredients, including thinly sliced tiger nuts, pecans, walnuts, coconut flakes, coconut oil, hemp hearts, chia seed, ground flaxseed, and flaked sea salt. This 100% vegan and plant-based granola was created by Adrienne Lufkin, a Connecticut-based personal chef who wanted to create something better for her clients, her family, and herself.
Adrienne has suffered from chronic migraines and Crohn’s disease since she was a teenager, and many of her clients needed to work around special diets, too, such as diabetes and heart disease. As she learned more about foods that were inflammatory (like added sugars, highly processed grains, and cheap oils), she discovered that eating fewer of those foods while also eating more anti-inflammatory foods helped her and her clients feel so much better. With her culinary know-how, Adrienne created Struesli right in her own kitchen. She thought it was a little bit like streusel and a little bit like muesli, so she mashed those two words together: streusel + muesli = Struesli! (It’s pronounced like “Strue-Slee” and sometimes misspelled as “Streusli” or “Stroosli”)
Struesli is currently available in two premium flavors (with more to come soon):
- Original: Adrienne’s home recipe that started it all, a wholesome blend of sliced tiger nuts, nuts, and seeds that are baked with extra virgin coconut oil and a touch of sea salt. An awesome addition to your daily wellness routine and tastes great in so many ways, from a yogurt topper to a crunchy crispy addition to salads and avocado toast
- Cacao + Coffee: All the nutritional benefits and main ingredients of Original Struesli, but with the robust flavor of unsweetened cacao, ground artisanal organic coffee, and a hint of vanilla bean. This flavor has gained quite the dedicated following. We love it on top of citrusy and other fruity yogurts, as well as sprinkled over peanut butter-banana toast.
Why Registered Dietitians Love Struesli
There’s no doubt about it: Americans are getting too much added sugar. As dietitians, it’s frustrating for us to see so many foods and drinks that contain outright or sneaky added sugars and sweeteners, especially when they don’t need to contain them and when most shoppers really don’t want them. According to a recent study, nearly 75% of American adults are trying to limit or avoid sugars altogether. Their reasons for doing so range from better blood sugar management to reducing chronic inflammation to improving dental health and losing weight. But anyone who has tried to cut back on sugar knows it’s not that easy. Our taste buds have been trained to recognize sweetness as an enjoyable and safe trait in foods. The trouble is: The more sugar we eat, the more sugar we crave. And food makers are well aware of this pattern, which is why nearly 3 out of 4 products that you can buy contain sugar or alternative sweeteners, or both.
That’s why foods like Struesli make us very excited. With more products like this, people now have a better choice in granolas, including one that doesn’t contain any added sugars or sweeteners of any kind and still meets that delicious taste that people want! Additionally, Struesli is a rich source of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory ingredients, and the nutrients people need more of, including fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, and magnesium.
15 Ways To Eat Struesli: Granola Redefined
One thing we love most about Struesli is the many ways you can enjoy it. And since it doesn’t have any sweeteners, you can use this gluten free granola to add a nutrition boost to both sweet and savory foods:
- As a nutritious topper for yogurt
- A crunchy addition to oatmeal
- Sprinkled over avocado toast
- A delicious crispy topping on toast with nut butter
- A layer in parfaits
- Added to baked goods, like muffins, cookies, and breads
- A topping on pancakes or waffles
- As a healthy snack on the go
- Sprinkled over salads
- Added as a topping for soups, like tomato bisque and butternut squash soup
- Enjoyed over fresh berries
- A topping over sliced apples (like these apple nachos)
- A delicious addition to cottage cheese (both savory and sweet)
- Over a bowl of ice cream
- The best topper for power bowls
A Look At The Superfoods In This Granola
We always love it when we can find a convenient product that is both delicious and good for you. It’s a triple win: easy to use, enjoyable to eat, and great for your wellness. Here’s a look at the best-for-you ingredients inside of Struesli:
- Tiger nuts – a great source of insoluble fiber and prebiotic resistant starch linked to improved digestion, heart health, and blood sugar management. To see what tiger nuts look like, here’s an intro to these nutritious tubers. In Struesli, the tiger nuts have been roasted and sliced thin to further improve digestion
- Pecans – a good source of healthful fats, as well as important minerals, including potassium, calcium, and magnesium
- Walnuts – a wonderful source of anti-inflammatory compounds, including plant-based omega-3 fatty acids and powerful antioxidants
- Coconut – the coconut in Struesli comes in three forms: organic extra-virgin coconut oil, organic coconut butter, and organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- Hemp hearts – a good source of high-quality plant-based protein, as well as heart-healthy monounsaturated fats
- Chia seeds – a known anti-inflammatory food that’s also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants
- Golden flaxseeds – a good source of fiber and heart protective fats. In Struesli, you’ll find golden flaxseeds that are ground into flax meal for improved digestion
Additionally, if you need or want to follow a special diet, this non-GMO and organic granola can fit right in. It is low-carb, diabetic friendly, heart healthy, keto-friendly, Paleo friendly, gluten free, grain free, anti-inflammatory, and vegan.
How To Buy Struesli
Struesli is available online at struesli.com (use code REALFOOD25 to save 25% at checkout). You can also purchase Struesli on Amazon, and it’s available in some retail stores. Visit the store locator to see if Struesli is offered in any stores in your area.
This is a sponsored post. Although we received compensation for this post, the opinions expressed here are – as always – 100% our own. Thank you for supporting the great companies we work with. This allows us to continue creating high-quality recipes and free content for you.
For ultimate success, we highly recommend reading the tips in the full blog post above. All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish any content, please rewrite the content in your own unique words. Link back to the source recipe here on The Real Food Dietitians. Thank you!