This is the most delicious Strawberry Quinoa Salad made with massaged kale, fresh strawberries, quinoa, cucumber, feta cheese, a delicious creamy balsamic dressing, and a Salad Pizazz!® Salad Topper!
Salad Pizazz Salad Topper
If you’ve never tried a Salad Pizazz Salad Topper, now is the time! We love having this product in our pantry for easy access to flavor and nutrition. There are a variety of flavors from sweet to savory to spicy to extra crunchy! Not only can you add flavor and crunch to salads, but you can also eat them on…
- baked goods
Honestly, I eat Salad Pizazz right out of the bag because it’s such a great stand-alone snack that’s packed with nuts, seeds, dried fruit, and other spices and flavors!
The flavor we are using in today’s strawberry quinoa salad is: dried strawberry flavored cranberries, honey roasted pecans, walnuts, and almonds. It adds the perfect sweetness and crunch to the top of this salad, you don’t want to skip it!
Strawberry Quinoa Salad Ingredients
We love every part of this quinoa salad recipe because it was carefully crafted to mix sweet and savory flavors and also provide for a healthy, filling plant-based meal!
- Quinoa – any color quinoa works, but we love contrast white quinoa adds to this salad.
- Kale – don’t love kale? Skip it. Or, add in arugula before serving!
- Strawberries – the fresher the better when it comes to strawberries.
- Cucumber – cucumber adds great crunch, You will love it.
- Basil – we love adding in a fresh herb to our quinoa salad. Try using parsley instead of basil or even oregano!
- Feta Cheese – Want to keep this recipe 100% plant-based? Skip the feta!
- Red Onion – a little bit of onion goes a long way.
- Salad Pizazz Salad Topper – dump an entire bag right in. That’s right, the whole thing!
Best Creamy Balsamic Dressing
The key to an amazing salad is a delicious homemade dressing. You are going to love this creamy balsamic. It’s made with a secret ingredient…hummus!
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- maple syrup
- lemon juice
- minced garlic
Store strawberry quinoa salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
For longer-lasting results, we suggest adding the strawberries fresh before serving or they might get a little soggy.
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups raw kale, deboned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chunked
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 oz. feta crumbles
- Salad Pizazz Salad Topper (dried strawberry flavored cranberries and honey roasted pecans, walnuts, and almonds)
- 3 tablespoons hummus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, prepare quinoa. In a medium pot, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Once boiling, turn to low and cover. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked. Set aside to cool for at least 15 minutes. Option to make ahead or chill in the refrigerator.
- Next, prepare salad dressing. Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Next, prepare strawberry quinoa salad. Place kale into a large salad bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to massage the kale in order to make it lighter and brighter in color and easier to digest.
- Add strawberries, cucumber, onion, basil, and feta crumbles to the salad bowl and toss to combine. Then, add cooled quinoa and toss again. Add in the full Salad Pizazz bag and toss one more time.
- Finally, drizzle quinoa salad with dressing and toss to make sure everything is fully coated.
- Place salad in the refrigerator to chill and served cold.
Serving Size: 1/6
Author: Linley RichterCategory: SaladMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: AmericanDiet: Gluten Free
Keywords: quinoa salad
Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. She started this website in 2010 as a way to share her love for real food and wellness.