Looking for the easiest way to make perfect bacon? This easy microwave bacon leaves you with perfectly cooked bacon every time.
Can You Microwave Raw Bacon?
Have you every been in a pinch to make breakfast and you’re craving the perfect piece of bacon? You can cook raw bacon in the microwave in 6 minutes to absolute perfection!
What is better than having breakfast ready in less than 20 minutes and that INCLUDES the bacon! We are big fans of cooking bacon in the microwave.
Everything You Need for Microwave Bacon
Do you remember those plastic bacon trays from the nineties that people used to make bacon in the microwave? Guess what, you don’t need one of those to make perfect bacon in the microwave.
Here is everything you need to make microwave bacon:
- Your favorite bacon (raw of course!)
- A large microwaveable plate that fits in your microwave
- 3-4 pieces of paper towel
And that’s it! You’ll have perfectly cooked bacon in now time if you have these three simple things. YAY.
How to Cook Bacon in the Microwave
This process of making bacon in the microwave really is as simple as 1-2-3. Here’s how you do it!
- Line a large plate with 3-4 layers of paper towel.
- Place bacon strips on top of the paper towel, being sure the bacon does not overlap.
- Go ahead and put the plate of bacon in the microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Flip the bacon over with a fork or tongs and cook the bacon on high for another 3 minutes.
- If the bacon isn’t to your perfect bacon consistency continue to cook the bacon for 30 second increments until the bacon is perfectly cooked to your liking.
Crispy Bacon VS. Rubbery Bacon
There isn’t just one way to cook bacon! Some people like it crispy and some people love their bacon a little on the rubbery side. We don’t judge, we just love bacon.
HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO PUT BACON IN THE MICROWAVE?
How long you cook your bacon in the microwave will determine the doneness of your bacon. The lover you put bacon in the microwave bacon the crispier it will be.
Bacon, Every Single Way
If you are big bacon lovers like we are, then you test different ways to cook bacon. You can cook bacon in the oven, the microwave, and you can even cook bacon in the air fryer!
Different Ways to Make Bacon
Bacon in the oven– We like to cook bacon in the oven when we have to cook a lot of bacon at one time. It is a great way to prepare bacon for a group or if you are meal prepping bacon for the week. Check out how to cook bacon on the oven here!
Bacon in the air fryer– If you have jumped on the air fryer train than you are going to love preparing your bacon in the air fryer! It only takes 5 minutes and it’s ready.
Bacon on the stove top- Bacon on the stove top is one of the more common ways to cook bacon. You place bacon in a skillet and cook it in it’s own grease, flipping every few minutes. Though this leaves you with delicious and cooked bacon, it does leave your kitchen with lots of grease splatters and a smoking kitchen
The Best Meals with Bacon
When you have cooked your bacon to perfection add your bacon to any of our favorite breakfast recipes! Check out some of our favorites below!
- 3 Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes
- How to Make Scrambled Eggs
- Instant Pot Egg Bites
- 82 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- 12-oz. medium/thick-cut bacon
- First, line a large microwave-safe plate with 3 pieces of paper towel.
- Then, place 4-6 pieces of bacon on the plate (however many you can fit).
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes. Then, carefully flip bacon over and continue microwaving for an additional 3 minutes.
- After 6 minutes continue microwaving in increments of 30-60 seconds until your bacon reaches its desired doneness.
- Repeat the process until all bacon is cooked.
Tips & Notes
- Bacon thickness: if you are using thin bacon, we recommend starting with 2 minutes and then flipping and cooking for 2 more minutes. After that, microwave in increments of r30-60 seconds until it reaches desired doneness.
Serving Size: 1/6 Calories: 130 Sugar: 0 Sodium: 480 Fat: 8 Carbohydrates: 2 Fiber: 0 Protein: 10
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: BreakfastMethod: MicrowaveCuisine: American
Linley is a 5′ nothing spitball of positive energy who joined Team Fit Foodie in the Spring of 2014. Linley has worked on the digital side of small businesses and nonprofits since 2011, where she specialized in social media community management. Lin has a passion for food and an incredible palate. She is FFF’s chief recipe developer, so you can thank her for these incredible recipes!