Prep your lunch or dinner for an entire week with our amazing crockpot curry chicken! This amazing coconut curry chicken is made with chicken breast, full-fat coconut milk, green curry paste, and a squeeze of lime.
How to Make Coconut Curry Chicken
If you are a curry girl, this crockpot curry chicken needs to be added to your meal plan! So good and so easy!
This recipe is made in the slow cooker because that’s what us Minnesota girls do with green curry paste and full-fat coconut milk. Literally, all you have to do is cook your chicken breast in the crockpot, shred it, and add in all of the curry flavors and ingredients and mix.
I highlighted green curry paste and full-fat coconut milk above and wanted to mention that I use the brand Thai Kitchen because it’s the easiest to find and what I love most! If you follow one thing in this recipe, please use full-fat coconut milk. The flavor is so much better than that lite stuff and I highly recommend it.
In addition to the crockpot coconut curry chicken, we also cooked up some lightly sautéed onions and peppers and a side of brown rice. Don’t forget to give a lime wedge a big squeeze at the end because it really makes the flavor of this recipe.
You’ll notice that we opted to serve this deliciousness with brown rice, but if you’re looking to make this a full-on keto chicken recipe or paleo meal, I suggest serving this coconut chicken curry next to…
- Cauliflower rice
- Mixed greens
- Riced broccoli
All You Need to Know
Can you make this in the Instant Pot?
Yes! Follow our Instant Pot Shredded Chicken and then turn on the sauté feature of your Instant Pot and add the rest of the ingredients to the instant pot, mix everything together, and sauté all the ingredients together until everything is heated!
Can you freeze coconut curry chicken?
To freeze coconut curry chicken, let it cool completely. Then, transfer it into a freezer-safe gallon-size bag and remove as much air as possible. Seal and freeze for up to 3 months.
What do you eat with curry chicken?
Typically curry chicken is eaten with basmati rice and some kind of stir-fried vegetable.
Is coconut curry good for you?
Coconut curry is high in protein and healthy fats, so the short answer is yes!
Can I use coconut cream instead of coconut milk?
You can use either coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk to make this coconut curry chicken.
Can you put raw chicken in a slow cooker or should you brown the chicken before putting in slow cooker?
You can put raw chicken in the slow cooker so there is no need to brown it. Just make sure your chicken is fully thawed.
Will coconut milk split in a slow cooker?
Since the slow cooker heats the coconut milk, it will not split once turned on. It will actually melt into a liquid.
Can you use curry powder instead of paste?
We do not recommend using curry powder in this recipe because it calls for green curry paste which is a Thai-inspired product.
Crockpot Curry Chicken
Prep your lunch or dinner for an entire week with our amazing crockpot curry chicken! This slow cooker coconut curry chicken is made with chicken breast, full-fat coconut milk, green curry paste, and a squeeze of lime.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 25 minutes
Author: Lee Hersh
Yield: 4 1x
Method: Slow Cooker
Crockpot Curry Chicken
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 15-oz. can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (more for topping)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons Thai basil, fresh (or regular basil)
- salt and pepper to taste
Peppers and Onion
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1–2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
Crockpot Curry Chicken
- Place chicken breast and minced garlic in a slow cooker. Turn to high and let cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-8 (depending on how strong your slow cooker is). We suggest cooking your chicken on low for maximum tenderness.
- Once cooked all the way through and tender, remove and shred chicken with 2 forks. Then, place back into slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the curry chicken ingredients and mix until combined. Let cook for 20-30 more minutes to thicken.
Peppers and Onions
- Slice 1 large green pepper and 1 large red pepper into thin slices. Then slice 1/2 a red onion.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large saucepan over medium/high heat. Then, add in sliced veggies and sauté for about 5 minutes, just enough to flash fry them so they aren’t soggy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of water in a medium pot. Turn to high and bring to a boil. Then, turn heat to low and cover. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until all water has evaporated.
- In order to make this recipe keto and paleo, sub the brown rice for a grain free option like cauliflower rice.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 33
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 30