Make a loaf of this wonderful, naturally-sweetened blueberry banana bread for a fun twist on the classic banana bread recipe.
Our Favorite Blueberry Banana Bread
Made with white whole wheat flour, natural sweeteners, and bursting blueberries, it’s truly a recipe that you must make.
Blueberry Banana Bread Ingredients
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s made with whole, healthy ingredients leaving it super moist and perfectly sweet. Here’s what you need:
Frozen blueberries work perfectly in this recipe so feel free to swap fresh for frozen.
How to Make Banana Blueberry Bread
- Mix Dry: first, combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix Wet: mash the bananas in a large bowl until there are few lumps. Then, add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix.
- Combine Dry & Wet: slowly add dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Finally, add coconut oil and blueberries and mix again.
- Bake: transfer the batter into a greased bread pan. Bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Use ripe bananas: the riper the bananas you use, the sweeter your banana bread will be.
- Tent if needed: banana bread looking too brown on the sides? Simply tent it with a piece of foil for the last 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely: always let your banana bread cool completely before slicing or it may crumble!
Let blueberry banana bread cool completely. Then, store on the countertop for up to 3 days or in the fridge for 3-5 days (recommended).
Make one, two, or three loaves of this healthy blueberry banana bread and freeze it for later.
- Let your bread cool completely.
- Then, tightly wrap it in tin foil.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
First, preheat oven to 350ºF and spray a bread pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Set aside ½ cup of blueberries for later. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl and set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, mash the 3 bananas with a fork (or alternatively you can place them in a blender to get extra smooth). Then, mix in the rest of the wet ingredients minus the melted coconut oil.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet. Then, add in melted coconut oil and mix again.
Pour batter into greased bread pan, sprinkle the last half cup of blueberries on top, and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes.
Remove banana bread from oven, let cool for 5 minutes, and remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Freezer Directions: let blueberry banana bread cool completely. Then, wrap bread tightly with saran wrap, removing as much air as possible. Follow the saran wrap with tin foil. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Calories: 260kcal Carbohydrates: 49g Protein: 6g Fat: 6g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 15g
Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. She started this website in 2010 as a way to share her love for real food and wellness.