- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
There’s nothing better than a crunchy, topping-packed grilled chicken salad on a hot summer night.
This recipe is made with easy grilled chicken, greens, blueberries, apple, gorgonzola, bacon, slivered almonds, and a homemade creamy honey mustard dressing.
Why Make This Salad?
If these photos don’t immediately convince you that you need to make this grilled chicken salad, here are a few more reasons why!
- High protein: 42g protein per serving makes this salad a great healthy lunch or dinner!
- Fresh: this salad packs in fresh fruits and veggies and there truly isn’t anything better.
- Healthy Fats: our homemade honey mustard dressing is made with full-fat Greek yogurt and the slivered almonds add a nice touch, too.
- Balanced: you’ve got your protein, healthy fats, fruit, and veggies all in one meal! YES!
How to Grill Chicken Breast
Grilling chicken breast is super simple and I’m going to give you 2 tips to get perfect grilled chicken every time.
- 400ºF grill temp: 400ºF is not too hot and not too cold. It’ll get you gorgeous grill marks on the outside and juicy, tender meat on the inside.
- 165ºF internal temp: since all chicken breasts are different, the one thing you need to do in order to figure out if it’s done is measure the internal temperature. So? Grab yourself a meat thermometer (here’s a similar one to what we have) and cook your chicken to perfection.
Can I use a different cut of meat?
Of course, you can! Feel free to use any cut of chicken your heart desires. You can use grilled chicken legs or thighs and then just shred your chicken for the salad before serving.
What’s in this salad?
- Salad greens: the great thing about most FFF salads, is that you can choose whatever greens you like best. We chose Spring lettuce, but field greens, spinach, or arugula are great options.
- Grilled chicken: you’ll need about 1 lb. of grilled chicken or 2 large chicken breasts.
- Gorgonzola cheese: gorgonzola adds such great flavor to this salad! Not a huge fan? Try blue, goat, or even white cheddar.
- Apples: apples add crunch and a sweet flavor this really compliments the rest of the savory flavors.
- Blueberries: I love adding blueberries to salads because they’re not too sweet, yet they add so much flavor.
- Slivered almonds: what is a salad without a nut? Option to use whole almonds and chop them into smaller pieces.
- Bacon: because why not add bacon? Follow our tutorial on how to cook bacon in the oven for the easiest way to cook your bacon.
- Homemade honey mustard: once you make this dressing, you’ll never go back to store-bought!
Homemade Honey Mustard
No additives, no preservatives, just 6 total ingredients to make the most delicious better-for-you homemade honey mustard dressing. Here’s what you need:
- Greek yogurt
- yellow mustard
- white vinegar
- garlic powder
More Salad Dressing Ideas
Not a fan of honey mustard? Try one of our other homemade dressings below!
Creamy Green Goddess Dressing – This Creamy Green Goddess Dressing recipe is made with a Greek yogurt base, tons of fresh herbs, anti-inflammatory spices, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing – Our avo cilantro lime dressing is fresh, tangy, and a A+ choice to keep in your fridge at all times!
Best Balsamic Dressing – Simple yet oh so flavorful, this ain’t no basic balsamic dressing. Made with real ingredients, and the perfect companion to any salad. Make this dressing today!
Homemade Poppyseed Dressing – Try our poppy seed dressing recipe. It’s made with olive oil, lemon juice, a little Greek yogurt, poppy seeds, and honey.
Summer Salad Recipes
What is the best chicken for salad?
The best chicken for salad is chicken breast.
Watch how to make this video!
Grilled Chicken Salad
A light a fresh grilled chicken salad recipe made with perfectly grilled chicken breast, blueberries, gorgonzola cheese, apple, almonds, bacon, and honey mustard dressing.
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
Fat 19 Carbs 48 Protein 42
Yield 4 1x
Grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2–3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground pepper
Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ½ tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pepper, to taste
- 8 cups spring lettuce mix
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup diced apples
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon (~6 strips)
Grilled Chicken Breast
- First, season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Next, preheat the grill to 400ºF and spray grates with cooking spray
- Grill chicken breasts at 400ºF for around 15 minutes, flipping halfway through. You know the chicken breast is done cooking when the internal temperature reaches 165ºF.
- Remove from the grill and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, cut into small chunks.
Honey Mustard Dressing
- To make this homemade honey mustard dressing, follow the instructions HERE.
- To assemble the salad, place about 2 cups of spring lettuce mix in each bowl.
- Then, top each salad with equal amounts of gorgonzola cheese, almonds, apples, blueberries, bacon bits, and diced chicken breast.
- Finally, drizzle on about 2 tablespoons of honey mustard dressing onto each salad.
Serving Size: 1/4 recipe Calories: 521 Sugar: 36 Fat: 19 Carbohydrates: 48 Fiber: 5 Protein: 42
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: SaladMethod: GrillCuisine: American
Keywords: grilled chicken salad
Photos by: The Wooden SKillet