- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
A frozen mojito recipe that takes classic mojitos up a notch by blending them with ice and serving them like a slushy! PS: these are made with real mint.
Frozen mojitos, blended mojitos, mojito slushies…whatever you want to call these delicious glasses of heaven, I’m in!
Classic Mojito with a Twist
If you love frozen drinks than you are going to adore this frozen mojito recipe! Our Sex on the Beach Slushies, Strawberry Peach Frosé, and Frozen Margaritas are 3 of our most popular drink recipes on Fit Foodie and they all have on thing in common.
In case you were wondering, that’s the twist we’re sharing today. Blended Mojitos.
For this frozen drink recipe, think classic mojito ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- lime juice – fresh fresh fresh all the way! If you’re in the market for a hand-held juicer, here is our favorite.
- white rum – any kind of rum will work, but white is our preferred style. Lately, we’ve been loving Minnesota-made Skaalvenn.
- simple syrup – this recipe calls for simple syrup. You’re more than welcome to use our honey simple syrup, but regular works too!
- fresh mint – fresh mint is the key ingredient to this recipe. It’s fresh and what turns it GREEN!
- ice – it wouldn’t be frozen without the ice!
- sparkling water – this is a topper and adds so much fun texture.
Fresh mint vs. mint extract
We went back and forth whether to use fresh mint, mint extract or both and it came down to one thing. Flavor.
Fresh mint gives a fresh flavor that you just can’t get with mint extract. Plus, it turns these slushies green 😀
How to Make a Blended Mojito
- Juice Limes – juicing citrus can be a pain, but do yourself a favor and buy a handheld juicer! They are a LIFESAVER and you can get so much more juice out of your limes. We have a $15 one from Crate and Barrel and I use it every day.
- Make Simple Syrup – you can buy simple syrup or make it yourself! We have a recipe for honey simple syrup, which would be perfect for these mojitos.
- Blend – now it’s time to add all of your ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. The goal here is to get the mint leaves pulverized so that there aren’t any large chunks floating around.
- Serve: serve your frozen mojitos with a top off of sparkling water, a sprig of fresh mint, and another lime wedge.
More Frozen Drinks
These Frozen Mojitos are a fresh and delicious summer cocktail. All you need is lime juice, white rum, simple syrup, fresh mint leaves, ice, and sparkling water!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
Author: Lee Funke
Yield: 2 1x
Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 oz. lime juice (1/4 cup), about 2-3 juicy limes
- 4 oz. white rum (1/2 cup)
- 2 oz. simple syrup (1/4 cup)*
- 12–15 medium fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups ice
- sparkling water, for topping
- Begin by juicing limes until you’ve juiced around 1/4 cup. Transfer lime juice into a high-speed blender.
- Next, add white rum, simple syrup, mint leaves, and ice into the blender. Blend on high for about a minute or until the mint leaves have pureed.
- Give it a taste and blend in more fresh mint as needed.
- Pour blended mojitos into 2 tall glasses. Then, top them off with sparkling water.
- Serve with fresh mint and a lime slice.
- Serving Size: 1/2
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 19
- Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0