Are you looking for the best seasoning for chicken on the internet? You found it! This flavorful all-purpose chicken seasoning can be used to season breasts, legs, thighs, whole chickens, and more!
What does this chicken seasoning look like?
How do you know what to season you chicken with? Well, you could buy one of those pre-mixed chicken seasonings at the grocery store or you can make this homemade chicken seasoning!
Most chicken seasonings look like this homemade chicken seasoning. It is usually beige and red in color with dried green herbs like thyme or rosemary!
Why Homemade Seasoning?
- You get to control how much salt you put in your spice blends! When you buy store bought blends they end to have a lot of salt and sometimes even fillers!
- Having control over spice level and sweetness of spice blends is so helpful! You can make it your own!
- Once you find a mix you like, you can make a double or a triple batch and have it on hand!
Chicken Seasoning Ingredients
This chicken seasoning is made with pretty common dried herbs and spices that are usually in our spice cabinet already. Here is everything you need.
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Dried thyme
- Ground mustard
- Dried basil
- Ground pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea salt
- Brown sugar
How to Season Chicken Breast
When seasoning chicken, the most important thing to remember is that you need more seasoning than you think! You want your whole chicken breast to be coated in dry rub seasoning. Don’t skimp!
types of chicken
You can use this dry rub to seasoning any cut of chicken! Here are some different chicken recipe options to choose from! You can incorporate this chicken seasoning into any of the recipe below.
After you’ve decided what cut of chicken to use, you also have so many options for how you cook your chicken. Check out all the ways you can cook your chicken after you season it!
Homemade Seasoning Recipes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- Place all ingredients for the all purpose chicken seasoning into a large glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store in a dry, cool place.
Tips & Notes
- Per 1.5 lbs. of chicken, use 1.5 tablespoons of chicken seasoning.
- Feel free to double or triple this recipe to make extra seasoning.
Serving Size: 1/1 Calories: 49 Sugar: 2 Fat: 2 Carbohydrates: 7 Fiber: 2 Protein: 2
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: Spice BlendsMethod: No BakeCuisine: American
Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. She started this website in 2010 as a way to share her love for real food and wellness.