Looking for Vegan Breakfast Ideas that are free of dairy and animal products? We’ve got you covered with tons of different vegan breakfast options from Fit Foodie Finds!
There is seriously nothing better than avocado toast, a breakfast sweet potato with almond butter on top, or a tofu scramble (sans eggs, that is!). There are seriously endless options when it comes to healthy vegan breakfast recipes and we can’t wait to dive in with you in this post.
Vegan Breakfast of Champions
Whether you’re craving something savory for breakfast, something high-protein, or something sweet, we’ve got you covered when it comes to vegan breakfast ideas!
What is vegan breakfast? A vegan breakfast can really be any kind of recipe that does not include animal products such as dairy, eggs, milk, etc.
A Balanced Vegan Breakfast
What we love about a vegan breakfast is that you’re inevitably going to be eating fresher and healthier (if you stay away from packaged goods!) because of the sheer nature of a plant-based diet.
A balanced vegan breakfast should include:
- real-food ingredients (fresh fruits and veggies)
- whole grains (oatmeal, whole grain flour, etc.)
- all-natural plant-based sugars (maple syrup, agave, etc.)
- healthy fats (nuts, legumes, seeds, olive oil)
Vegan Ingredients to Stock-Up On
Here’s a super simple list of plant-based ingredients that will make your vegan breakfast making a whole lot easier if you have these on hand. Remember, there is so much more than listed below that is plant-based!
- nut butter: peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter
- seeds: chia seeds, flaxseed, pepitas
- flours: white whole wheat flour, almond flour, tapioca starch, gluten-free all-purpose flour
- sweeteners: maple syrup, agave, organic cane sugar
- spices: every and all spices!!!!
- legumes: garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black beans, pinto beans, white navy beans
- grains: quinoa, white rice, brown rice, wild rice
- canned goods: crushed tomatoes, green chiles, olives, tomato sauce, artichokes
- oil/vinegar: olive oil, coconut oil, balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar
- fruit: banana, berries, apples, citrus, kiwi, pears, cherries
- veggies: broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, potatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers,
- perishables: almond milk, vegan butter, plant-based yogurt, kombucha, vegan shredded cheese
Easy Vegan Ingredient Swaps
If you’re new to a plant-based diet, here are some easy breakfast ingredient swaps for you to try out!
Greek yogurt –> plant-based yogurt
Eggs –> flax eggs
Butter –> vegan butter or coconut oil
Sausage/Bacon –> tofu, vegan chorizo, plant-based ground
how to make a flax egg
One of the biggest hurdles for vegan breakfast is baking without eggs! Check out our super simple tutorial for how to make a vegan substitute egg called: The Flax Egg!
Top 5 Most Popular Vegan Breakfasts
We like to turn to YOU GUYS to figure out what or most popular recipes are and based on comments and ratings the following 5 vegan breakfast recipes are our most popular!
In search of a vegan overnight oats recipe that packs clean ingredients and doesn’t skimp on creamy taste? This Vegan Overnight Oatmeal will quickly become your go-to overnight oats recipe.
Go green or go home! If you are looking for a vegan smoothie recipe or a healthy breakfast smoothie, this green smoothie is packed with vegetables, healthy fats, and is so creamy and delicious you’ll never look at another green smoothie recipe again!
Can’t have eggs or dairy? No problem! Make these amazing Vegan Banana Pancakes. You’ll sub a flax egg for eggs, almond milk for cow’s milk, and soy yogurt for dairy yogurt.
Looking for a dairy-free dessert that the whole family will love? Whip up this easy Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe with just a few clean ingredients and no refined sugar. Enjoy!
Make a batch of this healthy granola for quick access to a healthy crunch all week long! Store this healthy granola in an airtight container for a healthy breakfast option with a big crunch.
Since we love breakfast so much, we thought we’d share our own personal favorite vegan breakfast and yes, it includes peanut butter!
- 1/2 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons plant-based vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 – 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- optional: 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high.
- Add more almond milk, as needed, depending on how thick you like your smoothies.
- Serve immediately in a glass or in a bowl and top with favorite toppings such as fresh fruit and/or granola.
Serving Size: 1 Calories: 309 Sugar: 19 Fat: 13 Carbohydrates: 38 Fiber: 11 Protein: 16
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: BreakfastMethod: BlenderCuisine: AmericanDiet: Vegan
Keywords: vegan breakfast
More Vegan Breakfast Recipes
And now we present you, 20+ more vegan breakfast recipes that are going to turn you into a plant-based eating human from here on out!
- Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Blueberry Breakfast Quinoa
- Fluffy Vegan Banana Bread
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Vegan Protein Shakes
- Protein Chia Pudding Cups
- Roasted Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Appl Cinnamond Steel Cut Oats
- Apple Cinnamon Granola
- PB Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- Healthy Kale Smoothie
- Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
- Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- PB Cup Granola
- Maple Cinnamon Crockpot Steel Cut Oats
- Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- Sweet Potato Hashbrowns
- Blueberry Date Smoothie Bowl
- Blueberry Flax Superfood Smoothie
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Overnight Oats