A wonderful healthy peanut butter skillet cookie for any event, party, or birthday! This skillet cookie recipe is flourless and refined-sugar free!
I’ve always been a huge fan of cookie cakes…like, for every birthday! So excited for you to try our healthier cookie cake recipe for every holiday and event you celebrate.
Why make this skillet cookie?
Beyond the fact that this peanut butter cookie cake is delicious, it’s actually better-for-you made without white sugar, butter, and flour! Here are all the reasons why you should whip this up!
- Holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Easter, etc.)
- Refind-Sugar Free
Simple Ingredients – No Flour!
One of the main reasons why I love this healthier skillet cookie is because it’s flourless! Dats, right no flour!
The foundation of this recipe is:
- all-natural peanut butter – make sure you use “drippy” peanut butter with no added sugar. Other nut butter such as cashew and almond would work as well.
- eggs – eggs help this recipe bind and we do not suggest omitting them or replacing them with a plant-based egg like flax eggs.
- coconut sugar – coconut sugar is sweet, but not too sweet. You can sub the coconut sugar for brown sugar!
- coconut flour – coconut flour is grain-free and we do not suggest swapping this flour for anything else as it is an extremely dense flour and the ratio to any other flour is not 1:1.
Can I make this recipe vegan?
We have NOT tested this recipe without eggs, but wouldn’t suggest omitting them. SORRY!
Can I use a different sugar?
Yes! If you are going to swap the coconut sugar for something else, we suggest brown sugar or another granulated sugar.
Swapping the coconut sugar for a liquid sweetener is NOT recommended.
How to Make a Skillet Cookie
This recipe is so easy to put together. All you have to do is mix all of your ingredients together in order to form your dough. It should feel very similar to classic cookie dough.
Then, grease your cast iron skillet with cooking spray or coconut oil and spread out the dough. You can use a spatula or your hands. The goal here is to get the entire skillet cookie the same thickness so that it bakes evenly.
Bake cookie at 350ºF for about 18 minutes or until fully cooked in the middle.
Let peanut butter cookie cake cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and topping with whipped cream and sprinkles!
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
Watch how to make this recipe!
Peanut Butter Cast Iron Skillet Cookie
A flourless peanut butter cast iron skillet cookie that’s whipped up in less than an hour!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
Author: Lee Funke
Yield: 10 1x
Diet: Gluten Free
- homemade whipping cream or frosting
- rainbow sprinkles
- peanut butter
- First, preheat oven to 350ºF. Next, spray a seasoned 9-inch x 9-inch cast-iron skillet with a generous amount of nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix to combine. The texture should be similar to cookie dough.
- Transfer batter into skillet and use a spatula to evenly spread out.
- Bake at 350ºF for 17-19 minutes or until the sides begin to turn golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/10
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 25
- Fat: 17
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 7