Get festive with your holiday drinks and make our Apple Cider Cocktail! It’s made with apple cider, rye whisky, fresh orange juice, and a dash a bitters.
Don’t forget about the garnish. We used fresh rosemary in this Apple Cider Cocktail recipe for the cherry on top.
Holiday Cocktail Love
I love this Apple Cider Cocktail because it’s sweet with a touch of sour. Oh, and so easy to make!
This cocktail recipe is great to whip up for 1 or 2 people or for a crowd. We’ll teach you how to make both!
What You Need for an Apple Cider Cocktail
- rye whiskey – you can also use bourbon!
- apple cider – feel free to make your own (try our Instant Pot Apple Cider) or buy some at the store.
- fresh orange juice – you can squeeze your own juice from oranges or use pre-squeeze orange juice.
- sugar – all you need is a pinch.
- rosemary – rosemary is such a fun herb flavor addition to this recipe! Don’t skip it. Plus, it’s pretty.
- bitters – sweet + sour = love.
- ice – ice is used to make this cocktail cold, however, it is NOT served over ice.
Large Batch Apple Cider Cocktail
Looking to serve a crowd? You can totally whip up a large batch of this Apple Cider Cocktail. If you want to get fancy, you can even serve it in a punch bowl with ice, fresh rosemary, and orange slices.
Here’s how to serve 8:
- 16-oz. rye whiskey (2 cups)
- 12-oz. apple cider (1.5 cups)
- 4 oz. fresh orange juice (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8 sprig fresh rosemary
- 20 dashes bitters
- 4 cups ice
Place ice into a large pitcher. Then, add the rest of the ingredients into the pitcher and use a long spoon to mix. Serve immediately.
- 2-oz. rye whiskey
- 1.5-oz. apple cider
- 1/2 oz. fresh orange juice
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2–3 dashes bitters
- ½ cup ice
- Garnish: orange peel and fresh rosemary
- Begin by adding all of the ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Stir all of the ingredients together gently with a metal spoon. Then, place the strainer top onto the cocktail shaker.
- Pour the cocktail into a glass and serve without ice.
- Garnish with orange peel, rosemary, and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 Calories: 170 Sugar: 7 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 8 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: DrinksMethod: No BakeCuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider cocktail
Photography: photos taken in this post are by Erin from The Wooden Skillet.
Lee is the founder of Fit Foodie Finds and based in Minneapolis, MN. She started this website in 2010 as a way to share her love for real food and wellness.