These vegetarian tostadas are the perfect easy weeknight meal! They feature Good & Gather only at Target ingredients and are ready to serve in under 30 minutes. Enjoy!
Easy Weeknight Dinner Alert
These vegetarian tostadas featuring Good & Gather only at Target ingredients are the PERFECT weeknight meal solution. They’re healthy, delicious and ready to eat in under 30 minutes. What’s not to love?!
This particular tostada recipe is 100% plant-based and even uses a plant-based ground instead of meat of any kind. They’re packed with tons of veggies and amazing flavor all thanks to the Good & Gather homestyle guacamole and salsa.
What is a Tostada?
A tostada is an authentic Mexican dish that uses a toasted tortilla as the base. In Spanish, tostada means “toasted,” so it is a very fitting name.
Typically, tostadas are topped with some kind of ground meat and all the taco fixings including beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese.
Target’s Good & Gather Ingredients
The true stars of the show in these vegetarian tostadas are the Good & Gather by Target ingredients. Here’s what you need:
- Good & Gather Plant-Based Ground: This is the most delicious ground meat alternative we’ve ever tasted! We’re not exaggerating.
- Good & Gather Serrano Pepper Salsa: You’re going to mix this flavorful salsa right in with your plant-based ground, and it truly is a perfect flavor match.
- Good & Gather Mini Sweet Peppers: These mini peppers are packed with a sweet and crisp flavor and when sliced up and sautéed, are the perfect complement to these tostadas.
- Good & Gather Homestyle Guacamole: This guac is made with Hass avocados, tomatoes, onions, garlic and cilantro, and offers all the classic flavors you crave without all the work of homemade guac.
Featured Good & Gather Ingredients
How to Make Vegetarian Tostadas
These vegetarian tostadas come together in 5 simple steps, and under 30 minutes flat. You’ll be enjoying this delicious meal in no time:
STEP BY STEP
- Prep Tortillas: Spray both sides of your tortilla with nonstick cooking spray, and then broil your tortillas on each side until toasty brown and crispy. Make sure to watch closely so that your tostadas don’t burn.
- Sauté the Sweet Peppers: Sauté sliced Good & Gather mini sweet peppers, and season with salt and pepper. Only cook your peppers for around 2-3 minutes so that they stay nice and crunchy.
- Sauté Good & Gather Plant-Based Ground: Sauté plant-based ground 2-3 minutes, and then add salsa, salt, and chili powder. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Assemble Tostadas: Spread around 1 tablespoon of guacamole on each tortilla. Then, add 1/4 cup of Plant-Based Ground and 1/4 cup peppers.
- Enjoy Immediately: Finish these delicious vegetarian tostadas with a fresh squeeze of lime, sliced avocado, and vegan shredded cheese.
These tostadas are delicious as is, but feel free to jazz them up with any (or a combo!) of the following optional toppings:
- Fresh lime juice
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Shredded or cotija cheese
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Sliced jalapeños
Make it Vegan
These tostadas can easily be made vegan by skipping a shredded cheese topping and dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream on top. Or simply replace it with any vegan cheese option!
Make it Tacos
Want to skip the broiler and serve these vegetarian tostadas as tacos instead? Go for it! These tostada ingredients can easily be used with soft or hard shell tacos.
Vegetarian Tostadas for Meal Prep
These vegetarian tostadas are great for meal prep, too! Simply prepare the plant-based ground and sweet mini peppers ahead of time, and then broil the tortilla shells right before serving.
The plant-based ground and sautéed mini sweet peppers will keep for 3-5 days when stored in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- First, preheat your oven to broil. Next, place tortillas on a baking sheet (you may have to do this in batches) and spray both sides of each tortilla with olive oil cooking spray.
- Then, season with sea salt. Place the pan under the broiler for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute. Time varies depending on your oven, but the goal is to brown the tortilla to get them crunchy. Set tortillas aside.
- Next, saute the sweet peppers. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a pan and heat over medium/high heat. Add sliced mini sweet peppers and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for around 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add another teaspoon of olive oil to the same pan and then add in Plant-Based Ground. Saute for 2-3 minutes and then add salsa, salt, and chili powder. Continue cooking for 5 minutes or until browned.
- Assemble tostadas by spreading around 1 tablespoon of guacamole on each tortilla. Then, add 1/4 cup of Plant-Based Ground, 1/4 cup peppers, and any other toppings your heart desires.
- Eat immediately with a fresh squeeze of lime, sliced avocado, and vegan shredded cheese.
Serving Size: 1.5 tostadas Calories: 354 Sugar: 6 Fat: 18 Carbohydrates: 30 Fiber: 4 Protein: 17
Author: Lee FunkeCategory: DinnerMethod: Stove-TopCuisine: MexicanDiet: Vegan
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Target. We were compensated and all opinions are our own. Thank you for supporting Fit Foodie Finds!
Emily spent the first 10 years of her career in marketing and advertising roles and started side-hustling with Fit Foodie Finds in Fall of 2015. She joined Team Fit Foodie full-time in the Spring of 2018. Em lives in Minneapolis with her husband and dog, and manages FFF business operations as well as all things sponsorships and brand collaborations.