- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Whether you’re a Chipotle fajita veggies lover or just looking for a simple fajita veggies recipe, this nutritious meal needs to be a staple in your home!
When in Doubt –> Fajita Veggies it Out
Fajita veggies are not only delicious when served with chicken or steak fajitas, but also on their own. I love making extra fajita veggies to stuff in breakfast burritos or serve in a fajita bowl.
It’s something about peppers, onions, and fajita seasoning that can just jazz up pretty much any meal.
Today, we’re teaching you how to make perfect fajita veggies. Some even say these taste exactly like Chipotle fajita veggies (which I ALWAYS add to my chicken burrito bowl). Enjoy!
Why you’ll love it!
Ready in 15 minutes
It really only takes 5 basic ingredients to whip up fajita veggies in your own kitchen.
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning: the key to amazing fajita veggies is making your own fajita seasoning. If you’re in a pinch, you can also buy a packet in stores, but do note that the packet has additives and a thickening agent in it.
- Bell Peppers: feel free to use any color of bell pepper. We love a good rainbow so we used 3 different colors.
- Onion: any color onion works. We love the pop of color a red onion adds!
- Garlic: we’re using whole garlic cloves to really add a flavor blast.
- Avocado Oil: avocado oil is great for cooking things at a higher heat. It’s also pretty mild in flavor. Feel free to swap for olive oil.
Make your own all-purpose fajita seasoning at home with just 6 basic spices! You can use our homemade fajita seasoning recipe on chicken, steak, veggies, soup, and more.
- Slice Veggies: use a sharp knife (or mandoline) to slice the peppers, onions, and garlic into thin strips.
- Cook Onion and Garlic: heat avocado oil in a large skillet. When fragrant, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Bell Peppers: add the bell peppers and cook for 5-6 minutes or until soft, but still crunchy.
- Season: season with the fajita seasoning and toss.
- Serve: serve in a tortilla, in a bowl, in a burrito, etc.
Latest Vegetarian Recipes
Just like Chipotle: If you’re big into Chipotle, you can serve these just like the Chipotle Fajita Veggies in any of their dishes. My fav? Chicken Burrito Bowl!
Fajitas: serve this yummy veggie fajita recipe right in a flour tortilla with your favorite fajita toppings such as salsa, guac, sour cream, etc.
Burritos: sneak these veggie fajitas into a homemade beef burrito or chicken burrito.
Bowls: add these to a meal prep bowl such as our slow cooker carnitas burrito bowls or
Store leftover fajita veggies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
To reheat: reheat fajita veggies on the stovetop in a little avocado oil over medium heat. Or, microwave for 60 seconds on high.
Fajita veggies are so easy to make and only require 6 ingredients! Plus, these taste just like Chipotle Fajita Veggies.
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning separated (or more, to taste)*
- 1 large green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper thinly sliced
- ½ large red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
First, use a sharp knife to thinly slice the bell peppers, purple onion, and garlic.
Add 2 tablespoons to large skillet and heat over medium/high heat. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
Then, add all of the sliced peppers to the skillet and toss with the onion and garlic.
Season the vegetables with the remaining 2 teaspoons of fajita seasoning. Cover the skillet and sauté the peppers for 5-6 minutes, removing the cover to toss the peppers periodically.
Tips & Notes
- Feel free to add more fajita seasoning to your peppers and onions. Chipotle doesn’t overseason, so that’s what we were going for!
Calories: 94kcal Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 1g Fat: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g
Hashtag with us!
Don’t forget to tag your posts on social media with the hashtag, we’d love to see what you’re up to!